02 October 2011

But lately I'm finding/ I am the book, and you are the binding

  • Did anyone else make it all the way through that email from B&N's CEO saying it had bought Borders' customer list? Admittedly, I don't think I've bought something from BN.com in years... so I'm curious what they have on me now, but I just assumed they had all my customer information already.
  • That said, "Barnes & Noble uniquely appreciates the importance bookstores play within local communities, and we're very sorry your Borders store closed" ?? Way to slather it on. Admit it, you're sorry all the way to the bank because you outlived the other big-box bookstore! It's okay!
  • Thank you Dominique Browning for fueling my nightmares
  • This week I used my Kindle while on an elliptical machine and managed to not fall off, not drop it and avoid both of those things for 30 minutes. It made the time fly, but I really felt like a show-offy jerk doing so (or a Stuff White People Like entry). But I wasn't showing off! I just wanted to make a boring chore less boring.
  • Ironic or not, I was reading THE HUNGER GAMES at the time. I have a theory on this book, but I'm not sure whether I should air it out now or wait to finish the trilogy to see if it supports my theory. 
  • I think I'm going to a midnight release party for the new Haruki Murakami book, this despite the fact that I am not the biggest fan out there (although I like certain aspects of his writing). This ought to be good.
  • What's worse: the fact that my mom referred to FREEDOM as "that book set in Minnesota," or that I guessed it right on the first try?
  • This has been a post about nothing.

2 comments:

Wade Garrett said...

We love these posts, even if you think they're about nothing!

Ellen said...

...aw, shucks.